Our goal is to help our clients build sustainable competitive advantage.
We do this by supporting organizations to deliver unique and differentiated value propositions, tailored to match their reality, and built with critical insight and practicability.
What challenges do we help our clients overcome?
Which direction should be taken to drive revenue, market share, or profitability.
We help organizations establish a clear strategic north and the roadmap to reach it, answering questions like:
- What is the best strategy to enter a new market segment or geography? (Should I enter it?)
- What changes must I make to my business model to meet the changing demands of my customers?
- Should I acquire my competitor? What are the risks? What are the value generation levers?
How to create a compelling value proposition that connects my portfolio of products/services to the needs of my customers.
We support our clients to understand their customers deeply, moving away from a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to deliver targeted and effective brand activation; determining how to:
- Craft a multinational sales strategy that can embrace a diverse range of countries, brands, channels, and consumer profiles
- Organize the portfolio to boost market share whilst optimizing profitability?
- Ensure the brand strategy is effectively translated into the field through commercial teams and their organization
Which business model will efficiently deliver distribution, drop size, and service level targets, tailormade to my market segments’ needs.
We help organizations determine the service model strategy which will empower it to effectively and profitably serve varied consumer segments across its target markets; addressing challenges such as:
- How do I adjust my channel strategy and everything it entails (assortments, pricing, service level, sales presence, etc.) to account for regional or geographic differences?
- How do I leverage partners, franchisees, distributors, wholesalers, and licensees to increase my presence while maintaining my identity?
- How do I build a deep understanding of my cost to serve with enough granularity to optimize my investments and drive profitability?
What are the execution levers to focus on to activate consumers and increase sales and profitability?
We help our clients translate their positioning into tactical actions which drive results, answering questions like:
- What category management strategy (assortment, pricing, product hierarchy, etc.) should I employ to deliver increased revenue and profitability?
- How do I deliver a customized and fluid customer experience across online and offline channels?
- How do I unite the inputs of advanced statistical analysis with ethereal and non-technical concepts such as style and branding?
What makes us different?
We achieve tangible results for our clients by bringing together expertise, method, and mindset.
- We combine your business knowledge with our multi-sectoral understanding and relationships with industry experts to bring relevant outside challenges, practical references, benchmarks, and best-practices.
Understanding of the commercial ecosystem
- Across the commercial arm of a business, there are natural tensions and overlaps, both inside and outside the company. Our teams can connect the commercial discussion with its impacts in both internal (e.g. production, distribution, finance) and external areas (e.g. wholesalers, retailers, merchandisers).
Built from the outside-in
- We respect the ‘voice of the market’, listening to the consumers, clients, and stakeholders which compose each market through interviews, field visits, focus groups, and surveys. This ensures our approach is truly consumer-centred and free from the constraints of existing strategies
Strong and transparent technical base
- Our recommendations are supported by robust analysis and business model simulators which are presented openly for you to understand, adjust, and own after our project closure.
Movement and involvement
- Our teams guarantee the involvement, active participation and alignment of your professionals across all areas, not just commercial, ensuring a sustainable and smooth company-wide transformation
A unique project, a unique solution
- Our projects, solutions, and recommendations are always developed bespoke to your needs considering your unique context, starting point, the desired end goal, and the market itself.
Essence is as important as analytics
- We believe that the most important decisions should be made based on more than number crunching and quantitative analyses. Our strategies strive to balance the market needs with the inherent business essence, culture, and values.
Humility and respect
- It should never appear that we are delivering an “Integration project” but, rather, “our project”. We seek out and are open to your feedback and we respect that you know your business better than anyone else.
Our support in addressing these challenges translates itself into solutions across 4 segments:
Providing a deep understanding of a market ecosystem (e.g. a new consumer segment, category, region or country) and recommendations as to how to enter.
Designing the optimal commercial strategy based on internal and external variables; and its pragmatic route to implementation considering the revenue, distribution, and capability ramp up.
An independent and rigorous commercial assessment of acquisition targets considering market environment, competitive landscape, company capabilities, and performance.
Supporting our clients to define their strategic paths/vision for the future and the concrete steps to achieve it (projects, investments, team, etc.) through a collaborative journey that builds understanding, leadership unity, and impetus for action.
Supporting our clients along their unique digital journey through a holistic approach considers people as well as technology.
An in-depth analysis of the consumer base to define behavioral and market clusters to enable targeted and effective consumer-centric strategies.
Establishing the goals and activation strategies for a brand based on target consumer segments, positioning compared to competitors, and market performance.
Ensuring the brand strategy becomes a reality – empowering Marketing and Trade Marketing to translate strategy into execution, through the organization, management, and capability development.
Definition of a portfolio strategy that brings clarity on product/service roles and positioning considering the internal and external context; allowing better prioritization, investments, and innovation.
Development of the internal mindset, methodology, analytical tools, and governance to boost successful product or service innovation and time to market.
Delivering ROI optimization through coordinated actions across GTM, Product Portfolio and Commercial Policy driven by a deep understanding of costs at client and product level.
Definition/revision of the service model strategy that allows an organization to effectively and profitably serve varied consumer segments across its target markets.
Definition or revision of the indirect channel strategy, operating model, and distribution network with the goal of improving cooperation, efficiency, and sales.
Development of a high-performance sales force and culture through the formation of rituals, processes, tools and KPIs aligned to customer needs and the GTM model.
Improving sales and profitability by optimizing the assortment offered, its means of display, and enhancing the retailer’s differential to the shopper.
Translating the industry strategy into a consumer-driven store execution, to maximize the brand experience and sales performance.
Ensuring the best possible experience for customers through the clear definition of value propositions per journey and the internal service model to deliver them.
An international cement producer launched a revision of its Go-to-Market strategy based on the thesis that its main growth driver laid in the indirect channel. The client sought our help in determining the best way to approach the indirect market – what service model to use, which companies to partner with etc.
The first step was an in-depth analysis of the market size and composition per region, type of cement use, size of the end-user company, and client drivers for decision making in the purchasing process (e.g. technical specs vs price).
This provided valuable market insights, identified key growth drivers, and highlighted financial opportunities in certain geographical regions. For example, we identified that 50% of the market were small stores receiving on average smaller drop sizes than what the client was historically able to deliver in a profitable manner. This provided the client with a clear opportunity to grow by delivering small drop sizes in a cost-effective manner in this highly fragmented market.
Subsequently, multiple cross-industry reference cases were studied to define a brand-new indirect model combining exclusive distribution, brokers, and logistics operators that would be best suited to tackle both financial and growth drivers.
A tailor-made methodology was created alongside the client’s experts to evaluate the operational competency of 172 potential partners, leading to the selection of 70 best-suited to their needs.
In order to guarantee the new model implementation, we structured an exclusive service area for the whole country with a fully defined indirect management model. This included a contract model, remuneration model, new distributor manager routine and training, and the creation of a 150+ page Distributor Excellency Program manual, written in collaboration with the network’s best-in-class partners and covering all operational aspects of the new hybrid model.
A plant-based food startup hired Integration to size the market potential for plant-based hamburgers and to create a plan to take these new products to the Brazilian and European Markets. In particular, they asked for our support in understanding consumer behavior in this booming market where there was limited data.
Given the lack of available market data, Integration focused on building a large body of primary research to help our client. By studying plant-based food dynamics in Europe and North America, interviewing experts, and conducting statistically significant surveys with consumers, we were able to develop an insightful and original understanding of the market dynamics and create various market entry scenarios.
Our work provided detailed information about potential income per category, price sensitivity, potential risks, main competitors, and market size per region in the client’s geographical areas of interest.
In parallel, Integration developed a detailed implementation roadmap and the commercial model design. With this information, it was possible for our client to understand and address the success factors needed to develop the category in Brazil and Europe and kick-start their operations and sales.
A tile producer and its private equity partner looked to Integration for support in redesigning its Portfolio to boost market opportunities, but also to overcome internal resistance to simplify and de-list items from a highly sophisticated portfolio.
This success of this project relied on three major contributors: (1) an outside-in strategic segmentation showed clusters of very low differentiation in the portfolio which could be simplified, whilst also pinpointing “white spaces” where innovation could plug market gaps; (2) careful work in the “transition” – to ensure the products being cut from the portfolio would be correctly managed in terms of operations, volume and client satisfaction; and (3) robust governance to ensure all multifunctional area would be involved to carefully validate, manage and sustain the portfolio strategy.
We achieved a 35% reduction in the size of the portfolio, resulting in a more than 15% increase in the average gross margin contribution, and a great reduction in operational complexity.
One of the largest convenience chains in the world needed to reinvent itself in Brazil, having consistently lost market share against local and more regionally adapted competitors.
They had struggled to keep pace with the unique characteristics of the market, with its regional specificities and highly heterogenous and numerous franchisee profile – which demanded different assortments, pricing, local heroes activation, bespoke management, training and execution guidance to drive results
Integration supported the client in creating a local identity aligned with its global policies, but also unique in its positioning and clear in its differentiation compared to strong local competition.
We developed guidelines to manage assortment clusters, prices, promotional campaigns, and store layout – all with simplicity in mind – a key success factor for implementation with franchisees. Integration supported the implementation of these guidelines with a pilot user-base, measuring results, and making the necessary adaptations.
The pilot presented a 4% increase in revenue in the first month, and an increase of 7-10% was forecasted by our client for the long-term.
The category management culture was reinforced in the company to provide it with the tools and methods it would need to continue improving and to tackle new contexts or regions. Concretely, these included governance rituals and decision-making moments embedded per team to deal with the tactical assortment, pricing, exposure, and promotion decisions in each region.
Our Marketing & Sales practice has delivered over 600 projects in the Americas, Europe, and across the globe, serving more than 20 different sectors such as Consumer Goods, Retail, Pharma Healthcare, Services, Industrial sectors, Financial Sector, Agribusiness, and others.
Our professionals are trained in our methodology by applying and implementing them in a wide range of sectors and contexts – to offer our clients a deep understanding of market dynamics, emerging and best practices, offering complimentary channels, clients, and consumer insights and recommendations.