The resources on this page are designed to help you prepare to be your best as you apply for a career in consulting.
YOUR CHANCE TO STAND OUT
WHY CASE INTERVIEWS?
"WE TEST HOW YOU WOULD COPE ON THE JOB - SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS AND COMMUNICATING YOUR IDEAS CLEARLY."
CORE SKILLS WE LOOK FOR IN CASE INTERVIEWS
Structured, logical thinking
Reasonable assumptions & estimates
Appropriate, structured questions
Ability to handle ambiguity & new situations
Communication - style & content
THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING YOURSELF
SET OF STEPS THAT CAN BE USED TO SOLVE A CASE
- Listen carefully to the question
- Take notes
- Ask clarifying questions (start a conversation and get additional information)
- Summarise the question – check you understood it
- Verify the objective (for example: are you looking to maximise profits or sales?)
- Take time to think and structure your analysis
- Identify the key issues and prioritise them
- Generate a hypothesis
- Communicate your approach to the interviewer
- Generate discussion – the interviewer is there to coach you
- Ask questionsbased on your structure – don’t fire off questions randomly
- Use relevant information to test your hypothesis
- Use common sense – check calculations with odd results (for example: should milk cost £10 per pint?)
- Synthesise – summarise the key findings, rather than just recapping
- Refer back to your hypotheses
- Reach a conclusion – state your recommendation for the problem posed
- Add next possible steps (how would your recommendation fit into the wider context? How would it be implemented?)
REFINE STRUCTURE BASED ON ANALYSIS
If you have any questions about our open positions or recruiting events, please contact Signe Zarina in our London office by calling +44 (0) 207 290 4770 or sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about our open positions or recruiting events, please contact Julie Bowyer in our San Francisco office by calling 1 415 | 766 3570 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.