What challenge(s) do our clients face?
Attracting and retaining professionals that are aligned with the organization’s culture and can therefore deliver the business’s strategy is a struggle for almost all businesses.
In a globalized, uncertain and volatile world it is a real asset for a company to have professionals that understand and are aligned with the company’s culture. Without it can be extremely difficult to implement the business strategy. Moreover, the next generation’s relationship with work is changing: the need for purpose and high expectations in terms of experience and environment increase turnover and make it ever harder to attract and retain talent.
In order to deal with this context, organizations must be prepared to offer an experience to their employees that is aligned with its . So organizations and employees often require support for the following challenges:
For the organization:
- Any contact between people inside a company is a translation of its culture and strategy, in a practical and tangible way. It is hard to control and guarantee that it is consistent.
- As diversity and different professional realities develop inside a business, you need to understand employees’ beliefs, fears and wishes when it comes to their working relationships.
- These experiences directly impact employer branding and how the organization is perceived in the labor market by its future workforce.
- The role of leaders in people management is changing; more and more, leaders are expected to be the protagonist of the team, walking the talk in terms of culture and in sharing the business needs as common goals.
- For HR, it is a challenge to understand all these realities and deliver a consistent experience for each employee in a way that reinforces the company’s culture. It demands focus, an outside perspective and alignment between the people management processes and the organization’s culture and .
For the employees: Work is, naturally, an important way for people to fulfill their lives. In this way, their experience inside an organization will directly impact how much time or effort they will be willing to deliver to the . Some examples of the impact of these experiences include:
- People can move company due to a lack of alignment with the speed of promotions generating mismatched expectations
- People can decide not to join a company because of a negative experience in the recruitment process
- People can decide not to stay in a company after a bad onboarding experience
- People can leave the company if there is a lack of clarity in the remuneration policy
How do we help?
Integration evaluates the employee journey from first contact until contract end, ensuring engagement and a positive experience at each step of the journey.
Integration has a unique approach reaching this :
- We use an end to end methodology: using the HR Index®, we are able to establish a strong foundation and clear need for change.
- We focus on people: We will deep dive on the employees’ expectations, needs and the way they communicate.
- We understand and value the connection between culture and strategy as it is not only about having the best in class processes. We only provide tailor made solutions, adapted to the client’s reality and needs. For example, if the company values meritocracy, we can help to make it tangible in processes such as remuneration, professional development and retention.
- We create the solutions together because for them to be feasible they must be developed with a multifunctional team, gathering inputs from different areas and seniorities
- We strengthen your leadership during the process because when redesigning and implementing we will always provoke leaders to understand their impact on people management so that it is not only seen as an HR role
- We have deep knowledge of HR and professionals with transformation experience who have lived this reality with our clients
What are the benefits?
- Deeper connection between HR processes and the employee culture: through a clear understanding of how each process will translate the organizational culture whilst considering and respecting individual realities
- Deeper understanding of the needs of the workforce: with a map of the possible mismatches between each group of professionals’ demands and what the company offers at each step of the journey
- Stronger connection between HR processes and strategy: by working closely with internal clients and leadership to ensure that the results will support your organization’s reality
- Boosted HR perception: by giving the area a clear vision of how to be differentiated in the market
- Higher employee satisfaction: by building up thought development capabilities, training and engagement during the redesign and the implementation.
- Wider approach towards people management: by assessing the end-to-end value chain and adapting suppliers and partners to reach the required service level for clients
How does it work?
Our methodology gives you the tangible step by step plan you need to adjust your employee journey in a way that tailored specifically for your business’s strategy and needs.
The first step is to understand your reality; we will deep dive into your culture, business strategy, needs and organizational workforce before analyzing the HR .
The evaluation of the employee journey assesses your current reality, analyzing how interactions happen in the day-to-day, from contact between people to digital tools, policies and practices.
- We will guarantee quality time to listen to each group of professionals, to understand their work expectations, frustrations and communication channels. The results will show any important differences between groups or locations.
- We will identify the rituals that translate the company’s culture into practical actions
- We will assess the maturity level of the company’s leaders – are they ready to provide the needs of the employee journey?
- We will also benchmark other companies and understand which talent types in the market should be pursued
As a final output, we will plan improvement opportunities, creating the vision of success:
- We will reflect your reality in a roadmap customized to your needs and absorption capacity
- We will highlight the areas of need for strengthening leadership
- We will align priorities and shared goals in a common vision, also giving visibility of what is not a priority
- We will emphasize your communication needs, whilst respecting your current rituals and tools
A market leader in the rental car industry was expanding internationally with consistent double-digit growth. Simultaneously, it had undergone a rapid transition with its leadership team, with 8 of the 10 board members being new entrants, including the HR director.
Upon entering the company, the HR director became aware of the highly operational nature of the HR area, with low employee satisfaction and a lack of credibility. They asked for Integration’s support in strengthening the area, its tools, systems and processes, by using innovation and new technologies.
As part of a wider HR transformation project, the review of the Employee Journey started with understanding and prioritizing what should be the focus – both in terms of the short-term initiatives to be redesigned and the long-term creation of a roadmap for the area. This step was taken not only with the HR area, but with the company’s Executive Board.
After this, we formalized the role of the area, defining a 3-year strategic plan and selecting 12 initiatives to be redesigned – from strategic processes like speed recruiting for sustaining growth to mandatory processes like payroll for ensuring credibility.
To execute the redesign, we used the HR Index® for the selected initiatives and involved more than 50 professionals of all areas and levels in workshops and interviews. We defined the best solutions for adjusting the employee journey, evaluating all touchpoints between the employee and the company and defining KPIs for each one. We mapped opportunities and strengthening actions and then prioritized these considering processes, technology and people.
- Creation of a strategic roadmap for the HR area, considering the 45 initiatives mapped, connected with the business strategy and with the area’s ambition for the next 3 years.
- Definition of 12 key initiatives, prioritized and redesigned together with internal clients
- Implementation of new systems and technologies to boost key processes, sustain growth and generate credibility
- Definition of one sponsor per initiative from each internal client area, guaranteeing a user perspective and the right prioritization
- Nomination in 2020 for the HR area and CEO for the most admired Brazilian of the year award by the “Grupo Gestão de RH” (“HR Management Group”)
A toy retailer was in a moment of significant business transformation, with revenue growing for different clients, sales team remuneration models changing and a new cultural model being implemented. In order to support these business needs, support new hires and deliver their strategic plan, the HR area needed to be restructured and strengthened.
Integration reviewed the design of the HR area, from its strategy and the role of leadership to the macro processes and organizational structure.
By gaining a deep understanding of the current HR processes from employee profiles, interviews and 7 benchmarks, we redesigned 5 important processes and defined 14 initiatives for the HR area to develop in the next 2 years – each with clear goals, objectives and actions plans.
HR became a strategic pillar for the business’s needs and was able to deliver the culture through:
- Implementation of a new HR organizational structure, with competencies defined and more prepared professionals for the business’s needs
- Design of new rituals and internal governance to sustain the pace of HR processes and ensure business alignment
- Definition of KPIs aligned to the transformation
- Definition of an implementation plan and governance for the 5 redesigned processes to sustain concrete targets
TALK TO US
Leopoldo Mello is senior manager II at Integration's Finance & Management core and has been with the company since April 2022. Prior to Integration, Leopoldo worked as a senior manager at Whirlpool. His experience includes business turnaround projects, commercial finance, revenue management, sales planning (S&OP), operations, transformation and productivity projects and strategic planning in different [...]
Marcos Schmidt is a director at Integration’s Leadership & Organization Practice and has been with the company since July 2022. Prior to joining Integration, Marcos was a partner at Woke for four years and he had previously worked at Mercedes-Benz, Reckitt Benckiser, and Dow Chemical Company. His experience includes leadership development, corporate culture, talent management, [...]
Renata is the Managing Partner responsible for the Leadership & Organization practice established in 2016. Renata has over 20 years of professional experience, having worked in 5 different companies and segments. She began her career at AMBEV in the consumer segment, then participated in the privatization of the telecommunications sector at OI and the consolidation [...]