Tech & Digital Lab is our specialized centre of expertise, dedicated to providing Advanced Analytics solutions to our projects and to support digital transformations in our clients.
We focus on addressing our clients’ business needs, bringing together our technical knowledge of these topics with business acumen and respect for the Human Factor. In this manner, we believe it is possible to deliver sustainable transformation.
What challenges are our clients facing?
The digital revolution is transforming the business landscape making it more complex to navigate, competitive, and volatile. We see pressures on all sides:
The different forces that digitization exerts on businesses present both a risk and an opportunity.
Opportunities: Embracing this new reality and implementing digital transformation gives the potential for your business to expand its reach, obtain a competitive advantage, and offer new value propositions. This may be through:
- smoother and more personalized interactions across physical and digital platforms,
- offering tailored products and services to the customer
- pursuing new ventures or business models which were once restricted by physical channels or
- extracting more value and efficiency in your core business operations by using AI, Automation, and Advanced Analytics.
Risks: Companies, business models, and technologies now evolve and transform within months not years. Actions must be taken promptly otherwise the gap between what the context demands and what organizations are prepared to offer can widen quickly, eroding competitive advantage, and leading to lost sales, market share, and profitability.
How do we help?
We know that Digital Transformation needs to be interpreted and tailored for each context and client depending on their purpose, ambition, and starting point.
From the deep understanding of the business challenge through to technology application and the critical human adoption, we support our clients through a unique approach:
- Your reality – we translate what Digitization means for you: Every organization faces its unique challenges and the concept of “digital” has a different meaning for each of our clients. We focus on understanding your unique transformation journey considering not just aspects of technology, but also organization, and people as intrinsic elements of change. Only then we select the best technological tools as enablers.
- Teams with business acumen and technical expertise – in the delivery of our solutions we bring together (i) experienced business consultants from our practices, with (ii) our internal tech experts (who have knowledge in the likes of Data Analytics, AI, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing and Automation) and (iii) a relevant ecosystem of technology partners.
- People-oriented – we leverage the Human Factor: We believe that generating lasting and impactful change always relies on people at the core. This means that individuals, teams, leadership, and culture always are considered in every solution and we take the care to develop them as much as the tools of any solution.
- Implementation-driven: Solutions only generate results if they are implemented. That means when you finish a project with us, you’re not left with a slide deck, but with a clear roadmap to achieve your business goals. We don’t create consultancy dependency – all solutions, tools, and simulators are presented intuitively with your staff trained to understand or operate them.
We address our client’s differing needs across three dimensions:
Diagnosis and benchmarking
Digital strategic planning
CUSTOMER SEGMENTATION & JOURNEY REDESIGN
Value proposition on end-to-end service/experience
DIGITAL BRAND MANAGEMENT
Digital marketing & trade marketing
DYNAMIC PRICING & ACQUISITION
Manage the conversion rate through pricing and cost of acquisition
Sales & service channels integration
Fulfillment & customer service model
Optimizing the use of
VALUE CHAIN PROCESSES
Customer service, planning & sourcing & ‘Smart Centre’
Manufacturing, transportation & warehousing
DATA MANAGEMENT MODEL & DIGITAL INFRASTRUCTURE
Efficient model, process & structure to leverage use of data
CUSTOMER LIFETIME VALUE
Manage revenue, retention & payment
APPLIED DATA SCIENCE
AI & Machine Learning, Big & Social Data Analytics and Optimization
DIGITAL ORGANIZATION DESIGN & CULTURE
Organization & governance model design, cultural shape & leadership model
Strategy, ecosystem, structure, processes & management model
DIGITAL HR TRANSFORMATION
Policies, ways of working & strategic processes (recruiting / training / communication)
Agile product/process design & implementation
One of the largest tourism operators in Latin America had a strong brick-and-mortar retail arm but a weaker digital presence. Hard-pressed by born-digital competitors, margins were dropping year after year and there was a lack of consensus on the strategic north for the company.
Working with the leadership we outlined how to move towards a customer-centric agenda, identifying its core customers and defining the value proposition for each customer segment. By segmenting the tourism market, we were able to identify customers that had a good fit with their value proposition, and that represented a relevant portion of the market.
We then evaluated the key aspects that had to be redesigned inside the company´s channels, products, and touchpoints to enhance customer experience and transform the company´s culture.
As a result, we designed a complete roadmap for the company’s digital transformation encompassing 4 main streams:
- Protection of the core business – we looked for synergies in the operational model that would protect commercial margins and adjusted the business model/GTM accordingly.
- Value proposition reset – we reformulated the entire value proposition for the selected customer segments along their journey, placing the customer’s experience at the forefront;
- Enablers – we redesigned the organizational structure and branding according to the necessary change and new capabilities required;
- Digital disruption – here we explored with the client levers to instill digital innovation, investigating startup ecosystems, investment in venture capital, among other alternatives.
A large pharmaceutical retailer chain with more than 1000 stores in Brazil was motivated to expand their digital offering, redefining the way they could interact with their customers across offline/online channels.
They asked Integration to support them with a wide-ranging project to increase convenience to the customer and give them more fluid experience across their interactions with the business.
Integration’s ability to truly listen to our clients, identify demands, and understand market dynamics played a vital part in this project. The company did not have a well-defined digital strategy and so we set about understanding from zero, how to deliver the company’s objective.
Alongside the leadership we redefined the consumer journey across online/offline channels, improving the value proposition at each stage. This allowed us to identify the transformation required across the company to deliver the desired value proposition. For example, the e-commerce updates required, the capability developments needed, process automation, organizational structure changes, and changes to the governance.
We then supported the client with this transformation implementation. Here a key component for success was to engage a multi-functional team in the client´s operation in daily sessions to monitor KPIs and quickly identify the root cause of deviations, empowering them to act as a control tower with a broad view of the entire process from sales to logistics.
The project would see us revamp their entire digital strategy; launch e-commerce and mobile App operations, automate processes, and instill Agile governance in their commercial area.
In a very short period, our client was able to catch-up with other market players and offer new services to customers via a diverse range of channels and delivery options. This resulted in a 30% reduction in complaint calls, an 80% increase in on-time deliveries, and a sustained reduction in logistics issues.
A market leader in gas commercialization and distribution was battling increased competition and needed to undergo a strategic transformation to guarantee the company’s sustainability. A significant part of this transformation relied on a switch towards a more digital way of working and the company realized that it would also have to lead a cultural transformation to adapt to its new ways of working.
Integration helped to assess the company’s current culture, to understand the new strategic drivers, to define the necessary future culture, and to construct a complete cultural transformation plan with initiatives in the short, medium, and long-term.
During the processes, the entire company was indirectly involved, more than 45 professionals were directly involved, and the entire HR team was trained and involved in the Change Management Workfront. We also trained a PMO and implemented a governance model to guarantee the implementation of defined initiatives over time.
With the buy-in and positive example set by the new leadership, a new Cultural Declaration was formalized and embedded, detailing the cultural needs of the company.
We were able to generate movement and credibility quickly with a cultural transformation plan that prioritized 18 short/medium term initiatives. A PMO and change management team that had been trained by us in best practices was able to push through these initiatives without a dependency on our support.