What challenge(s) do our clients face?
The media and entertainment industry is undergoing a major transformation and the final destination is still an unknown.
The way we discover, consume, and pay for media is continuously evolving and new entrants to the market are flooding in as entry barriers have steadily been eroded. In this new competitive environment, content is king and businesses must find the most efficient ways to distribute it across the array of digital platforms and channels which now exist, monetizing content as much as possible.
For more established companies, the need to innovate in order to stay relevant, expand market share, and protect profits is clear. In our experience working with some of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, we have witnessed how changes in the market are impacting their business:
How do we help?
Considering the changing environment, through our Marketing & Sales, Finance & Management and Leadership & Organisation practices we aim to support our clients across 8 pillars.
- To help you understand how the market evolutions mentioned above are impacting your business directly, we can assist you through conducting a deep evaluation of your market ecosystem or one you are considering entering, providing recommendations as to how to respond.
- Given the changing market landscape, helping you to define your corporate strategy, goals, and business model considering your context, structure, product portfolio, customers, strengths and culture.
- Considering the transformation ahead, defining a clear set of executable and coherent steps that take you from your current state to the desired end goal, aligned with stakeholders and with appropriate governance and measurable KPIs.
- Definition and realization of the culture necessary to support your business strategy – taking an abstract concept into a pragmatic set of actions that changes behavior through identification, diagnosis, leadership preparation, management systems, and change management.
- Empowering and building capability in areas or business units that will be critical for business transformation through the identification of skills gaps, the definition of management structures, governance routines and roles, and responsibilities e.g. within business intelligence and strategy, financial control or new business or ventures.
- Defining the multiplatform strategy and service model to reach viewers in an efficient and profitable way through a deep understanding of the new ecosystem and your target audience.
- Considering the margin and price pressures in the industry, ensuring profitability through the rightsizing of the company, structure redefinition and instilling a zero-based budget culture
- In an environment with frequent M&A, we help our clients deal with the most critical aspects of integration, right from the investment thesis through to full integration. Ensuring full value extraction and capture of synergies through an approach that considers both technical and human aspects.
One of the world’s largest multinational mass media conglomerates sought out Integration to help them with their operations in LATAM. In response to market pressures, the organization was transitioning from a traditional media business into a multiplatform one and had defined a new operational structure to support this.
However, two areas that were crucial to the transformation, Emerging Businesses (which combined digital and product) and Business Intelligence were struggling to integrate and support the rest of the business units causing delays, communication issues, rework, and stagnant growth.
Integration supported the client in conducting an internal review of both areas, undertaking extensive interviews with 50+ team members, interfacing business unit stakeholders, and leadership. The internal audit was complimented by an external review of over 15 successful companies gathered through our expert network, to bring relevant benchmarks.
Through multifunctional working sessions, we defined the area role, mission, goals, macro and microstructure, and governance, as well as the service map defining what it would provide and how, to its internal clients.
Various features of each structure and governance helped overcome the client’s main operational challenges. The Business Intelligence team was significantly strengthened, going from 15 to 35 people with new reporting and performance measurement capabilities and tools helping the business make smart decisions. The structure was also specialized by function and provided single “units” to interact with each client, therefore avoiding rework and misunderstandings.
The Emerging Businesses structure was designed to allow appropriate flexibility to support the development of digital products but guaranteeing C-Level visibility of opportunities, priorities, and risks. It was also ‘politically empowered’ through sponsorship within the company to drive change.
Three regional affiliates of one of the largest Latin American media conglomerates were facing shifts in their customers’ habits as well as in the channels across which they could be reached. Their approach across platforms (radio, TV, digital, print) was not aligned and quite outdated and was hampering growth and leading to competition across business units.
Integration supported each of these affiliates in better attending to their unique audience through structural and business model changes. The starting point for each of these projects was creating a unified client segmentation across platforms and client needs (sectors and use of technology). Here, we were able to bring an in-depth view of the market through primary research and create unique client clusters based on behavioral and demographic characteristics.
This segmentation drove the development of new structures for the companies which were better suited to delivering digital content (e.g. unification/separation of teams in content production, marketing, product development, etc.) Integration supported each client over a period of months to successfully implement the new structure providing PMO and change management support.
The new structure drove positive results inside the company in terms of efficiency, communication and competition between business units whilst also contributing to the top line – achieving increased sales.
In this video, a range of clients from the Media & Entertainment sector talk about their positive experience working with Integration.
In this video, José Giraudo, who at the time of recording was the President at Acindar Argentina, talks about his positive experience working with Integration.